Over the past few weeks, I've been working on the sound design for the animation. Kevin, the team leader, wanted something in the direction of jazz, so I've been writing some music in that style in Logic Pro. I've been doing this simply by selecting different midi instruments and programming the music into the piano roll. Currently, the TCNJ Shared drive is locking us out of our folder, so I will post screenshots and .wav files of what I have done later.
In addition to this, I have been looking for samples for the background noises and sounds that apply to the events in animation. I have been finding these at FreeSound.org. Here are some of the sounds I'll be using:
Party Sounds
This will be used for the party going on inside the building where Rags' love interest happens to be.
Tin Can
This will be used for the sound of Rags kicking an empty can down the road.
City Street Sounds
Car and Siren
These will both be used for the ambient city sounds.
For the presentation on Friday for Autodesk, we will only have the final scene of the animation completed. The sound for this will include some music I have written as well as a few of the sounds above.
No comments:
Post a Comment